6 Reasons to Use Spray Foam Insulation
Spray foam insulation is very popular due to its strength and durability. Spray foam works by having its two materials – polyurethane and isocyanate – chemically react and bond to each other to form a hardened substance. When sprayed out of the tip of the spray foam gun, a protective layer is formed over the area to be insulated.
There are two types of insulation: open-cell and closed-cell. Open-cell has a spongy feel to it and is more dense than the closed-cell, which has a sound dampening effect. The closed cell, although more expensive than the open- cell, has a vast list of benefits:
- Powerful Materials – This type of insulation coming from a spray gun is more powerful than other types of insulation. It provides an air-tight seal, making it a hot item on the market. It is one of the top performing items sold.
- Energy Saving – Expect to save money when using the air-tight seal from a spray foam insulation. One of the biggest reasons for high energy bills is do to air leaks. Due to the superior seal, families can expect to save at least 50 percent on their energy bill, as compared to other insulators with only a 30 percent savings.
- Keeps Moisture Out – When there are holes in your wall exposed to the outside air, you are exposed to all kinds of outdoor elements. This creates a breeding ground for moisture, which can rot away wood, create mold or even cause flooding. Using spray foam will prevent this issue from happening, and will not absorb moisture like other products sold on the market.
- Mold Resistant – The chemicals inside the spray foam mold will not attract mold. They are made from an inert polymer, which essentially leaves no food supply for mold growth. Closed-cell spray foam offers a better protection against mold.
- Long Lasting – The inert polymer allows the material to hold in place for years! You can enjoy more years in your home without worrying to re-insulate after a few years. Customers using spray foam save over the course of 20 years because of its optimal performance.
- Sustainability – The spray foam material is Eco-friendly because it reduces energy waste, keeps out moisture and mold, and lasts longer than most products so it will use less waste.
If you have read this, and are still indifferent about installing spray foam – ask us questions! We would love to clarify any questions or concerns you have with spray foam insulation. Ultimately, it will save you time and money in the long run.
GET A FREE ESTIMATE
And surrounding communities
HAVE A QUESTION?
Click here to request a free estimate